Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The View From Under My Umbrella

Sometimes it's cold and cloudy, and the rain is coming down, and you have to pull out your rain boots and your big warm coat and your umbrella....

That's what I did on Monday, when the rain was coming down as I walked to class. As I was walking, I was looking at the inside of my umbrella, and at the tag in there, and the dangly velcro strap that wraps up the umbrella. And then all of a sudden, I looked out from underneath of the umbrella, and I saw the most beautiful bush. It looked like it was on fire, because the middle of each leaf was yellow, and then became more orange, then red, and then almost purple towards the edge of the leaf. I wish I could've taken a picture. It was the loveliest, most vibrant bush I've ever seen, and I'm so glad that I looked out from underneath my umbrella to see that bush.


Throughout the last week, I've been feeling cold and cloudy and rainy inside (as was evidenced by my last blog post). And I've decided to look around, and see the beautiful "bushes" all around me, because there are a lot of them. 

I love....

                hospital socks
                                                                                           hot chocolate   
            my family
                                                  my roommates
sweatpants 
  my Savior
                    BYU    
                                                                                                            friends
                                 laughing
                                                               my warm, classy apartment
a healthy body
learning
       teaching
technology
                    



  and tons more..... 


I'm just grateful to be living in general. Life is a gift, and I'm trying not to forget that. I'm trying to remember to look around and appreciate life, instead of staying in a bubble of school work and stress all of the time. 

Thanks,  fiery bush.

1 comment: