Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Slice of LIfe Day 1: Camping

My day started at 4:30am this morning. I was awakened by the bitter cold nipping at my nose and the solid concrete smashed against my right hip. At 4:30am this morning, I was huddled in a tent outside the Marriott Center, hoping that the awesome seats and the crazy experience that were coming Wednesday night would be worth getting frostbite in my facial features. Because neither I nor my tentmate Brooke could sleep due to frostiness, I did a quick 7-11 run for a bathroom break, hot chocolate, and handwarmers. It only took 15 minutes, but I was still afraid that I would return to find a frozen Brooke corpse in the tent. To my utmost relief, Brooke was alive, but just barely, and we both revived ourselves with the hot chocolate. After she took a turn at the bathroom, we both hunkered down once again, with our toes a little less frozen (I also purchased foot warmers), our insides thawed, and with the hope that comes with knowing that a hot shower is just three hours away.

I've never been more excited than tonight to sleep in a nice warm bed. No more concrete for me, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment