Monday, March 28, 2011

Slice of Life Day 27: Seek and you shall find...

Today I embarked on a quest for a most valuable treasure. The only things I took were my keys, my mobile communication device and two pieces of plastic. I hopped in my transport and drove to the place where I hoped to attain the treasure. I drove around and around, looking and looking for the entrance to my destination. A severe lack of signage hindered my progress. But after making a quick call to headquarters, I was able to find the access point.

I entered the building, cautiously hopeful. To gain what I sought, I had to first wait in a line, sign my life away on paper, and wait in a smallish holding area. Then I was taken to a back room by a uniformed guide. My guide tested me to make sure that I was worthy to gain what I sought. She squeezed my arm with a big air-filled band. She poked my ear. She asked me some questions. I must have done well, because she took me to another room.

It was there that I finally came in contact with "The One Who Held The Key For Quest Success." He too poked my ear, this time with a light. He listened to me breathe. He looked in my mouth. These were strange tests to be sure, but I was willing to endure whatever it took to complete my quest. Finally, he signed his name on a piece of paper and gave me that paper. I'd done it! I finally had in my possession a ticket to the treasure.

I hurried to the nearest dispensing station. There, I cashed in my ticket for something greatly desired: a large orange bottle with two-toned pink pills: antibiotics!!!! My quest was complete.

Now, I can focus on the final battle: The Battle of Me vs. Antibodies. With the help of my little pink friends, I will be unstoppable!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment