Saturday, March 5, 2011

Slice of Life Day 4: Sweet Celebration

Instead of giving birthday gifts, I often make birthday cakes. Today I made a birthday cake for my roommate Amanda, who is turning 21 on Sunday. We threw her a huge party tonight at our apartment (75 people who came in and out of an area that's less than 75 square feet), and the main attraction, besides the birthday girl herself, was the cake: Amanda's name spelled out in huge letters made of chocolate, funfetti, and strawberry cake. It was awesome, especially when Amanda tried to blow out all of the candles in one breath. So tody's Slice of Life composition is about a slice of cake, and goldfish crackers, and good friends, and laughing, and stress. The party is over now, the guests are gone (thank goodness), but the memories of fun, friends, and a delectable demonstration of my love for my roommate still linger in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment