Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Slice of Life Day 2: Depression

I'm legitimately depressed. I'm depressed that we lost. I'm depressed that Davies is gone. I'm depressed that some referees are blind. I'm depressed that I caved to temptation and attempted to drown my sorrows in a frosty float. And if you have no idea what this post is about, then that depresses me too. The few glimmers of light amidst this depression was the Golden Girls dancing and shimmying, as if they were nowhere near their actual respective ages. There was also the guy behind me who instead of chanting "You suck, ref!" simply yelled: "Your reffing abilities are sub-par!" And that made me laugh despite the depressing situation. I'm hoping that the depression will wash away with the blue face paint and the blue temporary hair dye as I take a shower tonight, and probably tomorrow morning too (face paint and hair dye are tricky to get off, believe me). It will all get better I'm sure, but right now I'm still depressed. Depressed that our number 1 seed shot is gone, and our #3 ranking is gone, and our forward is gone. I'm sorry it had to end this way, Jimmer. Really really sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment