Thursday, March 3, 2011

Slice of Life Day 3: Foot In My Mouth

Do you ever have one of those moments when the second you say something you want to reach out and grab it and shove it back in because it's so ridiculous? Yeah, I had one of those today.
My roommate's two guy friends came over, and one was pretty good looking. Not only was he good looking, but as soon as I starting talking, he started teasing me about everything - a good sign in my book. Because honestly, what girl doesn't love being teased?
Anyways, I decided to tease him back, but of course my game is a little rusty since I've had no social life for the last two weeks (thanks, homework). So I started by asking him how old he was, because he looked kind of older, and as soon as I asked, I wanted to yank those words out of the air and shove them back into my mouth. Because clearly, I had struck a nerve. He said that he was 28 (it came out later that he is actually 24) and then he was joking about how he looks so old, and I tried to make him feel better but I just kept digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole.

So now I feel terrible. Even though I'm sure he was only pretending to be hurt to make me feel guilty. But I really do feel guilty.

Note to self: Don't say stupid stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment