Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Slice of Life Day 29: Reflections on the Creation of Text

I'm all typed out. I just typed up 3.5 pages of grammar analysis. And now I'm tired of staring at a cursor on the screen. I'm tired of the website of the word processor determining what my writing looks like.

I want to go write in my journal, or write tomorrow's to do list out on a clean sheet in my planner with my pink pen that I finally found. There is something soothing about the calm creation of text on paper.

I like my handwriting when I take my time; the order of events on the page is reinforced by the neat ordering of my handwritten letters. I like computer-driven writing, but I feel that, as with all things in life, moderation is key.

So, despite the fact that I need to email Dr. Dean and I need to start typing whatever it says on that pink sheet, I think I'll close my laptop for the night, write with pen and paper, and start up my frenzied typing again tomorrow morning.

Typing: Can't live with it, Can't live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment