Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Time of My Life: Not in the Testing Center

I took a test today in the testing center. I always get really bored when I take tests. Today was especially bad. I blazed through the fill in the blank portion, but when I got to the essay question, I would answer a question, look at the clock, listen to the people shuffling in and out, look up, look down, look to make sure the testing center monitor isn't looking at me because he thinks I'm cheating. I was just bored. Then I would answer another question, look up at the clock, look over, look up, look back, breath in, breath out. Bored. There were only five essay questions, but it took me an hour because I was bored and distracted. I knew all of the material, well, most of it, but for some reason, I just didn't want to write it all out. "Brain dumping" was just not interesting to me at that moment. Studying is waaay more interesting than actually taking the test. Not that I like doing either activity: I would much rather read a book or take a walk or write my Slice Of Life. But I pushed through. Despite my apathy, I finished the test, and moved on to bigger and better things: homework, going to the bank, going to the grocery store, making dinner, getting asked out on a date, and so on and so forth: all things that are much more stimulating than a test in the testing center. I'm sorry Heber J. Grant, but your building is not the most exciting place in the world for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment